Time and time again I hear people talking about how expensive it is to keep up with dog's heartworm and flea medications. Obviously, we all want to keep our pups safe and healthy, but some people decide that these medications are the area to skimp and save money. While this might seem like a wise decision at the time of saving $150 every six months, the cost of getting rid of fleas or the immense treatment of a case of heartworms can make $150 look like pocket change. Heartworms are a parasite that spread through mosquito bites. Once a dog is infected, it is hard to say whether or not they'll be able to live through the aggressive treatments. You can read more about heartworm infection here. Now, you ask, what's the point of this? Well, I've found various ways of finding cheap medications that are usually quite expensive. First of all, when you rescue a dog, the rescue group is on your side. They want that pup to stay healthy and happy just as much as you do. The Humane Society provides a link to a site called Petango that sells heartworm meds for less than half of what you would pay for at a vet's office. I used that site for a while until my mom adopted her dog. They gave her a link to a site that sells generic brands of heartworm pills. I bought a year's worth of heartworm protection pills for $34! Additionally, I scored some cheaper Frontline on... EBAY! I was a little apprehensive but it was shipped within the U.S. and arrived sealed and everything within a matter of days. So, next time you're low on cash, try these sites. Saving money is more worth it than not spending any in the long run!
Feel free to ask questions or share some more money saving tips!
Thanks for the great tips. Always nice to see a fellow dog lover putting money saving helpful tips out for everyone. We also have some good tips here, on our website.
ReplyDelete