Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Gender Neutral

Another thing I've found to be a big preference for me is gender. Now, this isn't necessarily true for all dogs but I've found male dogs to have more of a protector personality while female dogs seem to be the more lovey dovey type. While this obviously varies quite a bit and you really just have to feel it out when you meet the dogs, I've noticed in my experiences that females seem to give me the loving attention I prefer and want the same in return.

For instance, my dog from birth to about 8 was a male West Highland Terrier. I remember him following me around but he wasn't very lovey and probably just tolerated me most of the time.
However, Dixie was a whole different ball game. She was a little mutt that followed me everywhere, slept in bed with me, and overall just had an amazing personality.

This is not to degrade any male dog versus female dog. Again, this is just personal preference in the differences I've noticed in personalities. Do you have a preference regarding male or female dogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment